keskiviikko 24. syyskuuta 2008

My friend and her kimono


It's so much fun to dress other people in kimono, even at 2am! My friend Heli still had some energy to smile and pose for a photo even it was a very long day. She is wearing her new komon and a fukuro obi of mine. I bought the obi because in the listing it looked like it was pink but apparently it wasn't. I was a little disappointed but luckily the obi goes quite well with Heli's kimono :)
The beautiful kanzashi are made by her. Click here to see more of her work!


I did some experiments with the obiage. What do you think about it?


Obijime

A close-up. This obijime is just awesome! Very non-traditional but pretty.

2 kommenttia:

shino kirjoitti...

Hi, I am Shino from Tokyo. Your experiments with the black obiage is awesome! I really like it.
Anyway, thanks for listing my blog on your site among lots of Japanese kimono authorities' blogs I adore. How did you find these Japanese blogs?

xiner kirjoitti...

Hi Shino, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! Glad you like the obiage :)
I like your blog a lot and I found it and many other awesome blogs just by following links of another blogs I've been reading. I can't read Japanese but I like to look at the pictures. I'm always searching for new sources of inspiration so the blog list is kinda long :)