sunnuntai 7. syyskuuta 2008

Neko obi

pink hitoe iromuji and tsuke obi

cat obi!

Today I wore my cat obi! It's design is adorable and it's a tsuke obi, a pre-tied obi, which is good at the days like this. You know the bad hair day? Today it was a bad kitsuke day for me. I was in a hurry to get dressed - even more than usually - and everything just seemed to fall apart. I tied my koshihimo too loosely and stepped over my hem and almost fell down at the Tea ceremony practise. Not to mention that today my legs hurted more than they usually do but somehow I managed to get through without falling down. Luckily I was wearing my tsuke obi so at least the otaiko bow remained perfect ^_^

On the way home me and my husband met a very nice Japanese couple who were interested in chado and kimono. Great! Hope they have a nice stay in Finland :)

5 kommenttia:

Misuchi kirjoitti...

That is too cute!
I still hope to find a nice cat's fabric, than I will make my own. So cute! And you look lovely.

xiner kirjoitti...

Thank you! Hope you'll find a nice cat fabric! I've never tried to make an obi out of non-Japanese textiles but I will if I find something interesting :)

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Kommaan nyt suoraan suomeksi kun kuulostaisi hassulta Englanniksi... mutta säilytätkö kaikki ostamasi kimonot ja osaset vai oisko sulta mahdollista ostaakin jotain? Aika heikohko tarjonta täällä Pohjolassa :D

xiner kirjoitti...

Toistaiseksi olen säilyttänyt. Pitää katsoa mitä teen, jos kokoelma paisuu liian suureksi ^_^

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Ookoo :D. Ebaysta ja muista näistä olet tainnut ostella? ^^