sunnuntai 12. lokakuuta 2008

Let's Party Like It's 1933

Let's Party Like It's 1933

Here's my another try at IG's new challenge forum. The fashion for the year 1933 was wearing dounuki with crested iromuji. Here's my try to bring back that style! My iromuji isn't crested but who cares ^_^

This really was a challenge! I've never tried layered kitsuke before and found out it's not that easy to do. It's literally three times more collar problems and not to mention how hot and heavy it is! But after I managed to get dressed I have to say it was quite comfortable.

I'm wearing my pink peony tsukesage underneath. It has a kasane eri attached. I'm not so sure about the color combo but the tsukesage was the same size as my iromuji.

Pics taken at the rooftop of our house by my beloved official photographer ^_^ This landscape probably hasn't changed much since 1933.

Let's Party Like It's 1933Let's Party Like It's 1933

I edited this to look like an old photo:

Let's Party Like It's 1933

2 kommenttia:

Jane kirjoitti...

It all looks lovely. I particularly like your obi with the treasures.

xiner kirjoitti...

Thanks Jane! The obi is one of my favorites - I just love Japanese embroidery.