sunnuntai 1. helmikuuta 2009

Chado demonstration


This weekend our tea club also performed tea ceremony demonstrations in museum's small tea room. There were lots of audience, hope they enjoyed it ^_^
Naomi-san made usucha today. Her kimono is full shibori, very beautiful!

Jenny

I didn't want to disturb the audience by taking too many photos during the demonstration so I asked Jenny to pose for a photo before.
Thank you!

Jouni

Jouni is wearing a vintage silk hakama. Compared to polyester hakama he said it was more difficult to dress but more comfortable when worn. Silk hakama also makes more beautiful sounds, really! When the wearer is walking around polyester hakama sounds like a plastic bag.

Jouni & me

I'm wearing my iromuji and "snowflake" fukuro obi. My juban sleeves are a bit too long...

1 kommentti:

Kyuukaryuko kirjoitti...

You all look like you've had a great time (checked your flickr-photo's also), and you had a big crowd to demonstrate to! Looks like fun ^_^
And you and Jouni look so lovely together.