perjantai 20. helmikuuta 2009

Meisen kimono outfit


Usually I wear a kimono only at Tea ceremony occassions. I try to be a good girl and do my best kitsuke and follow the rules. But sometimes you just have to loosen up ^_^

A while ago I got Mokona's Okimono Kimono in mail and I love the book! I wanted to try lace and cuffs with kimono too and came up with this ensemble. I also had a hat to go with this ensemble but I forgot to wear it in pictures, didn't realize until it was too late...
Finally I got a kimono to wear with my favorite juban. I just love it's color and the pattern - goldfish! You can't see much of it but it's really great and fun :)

I sew cuffs into my meisen kimono and attached a crocheted strip my friend Heli made for me into the collar. Thanks Heli! She even gave me this beautiful shawl. It goes so well with kimono.

Crocheted shawl

Meisen

10 kommenttia:

yukikahou kirjoitti...

cho kirei!

I love the use of crochet in this ensemble.

Jenny kirjoitti...

Todella söpöä!
Minunkin pitää varmaan itse myön hankkia Mokonan kimono kirjan ^^

xiner kirjoitti...

Thanks yukikahou, Jenny ^_^

JuJu kirjoitti...

Hi Xiner! I'm JuJu from Japan and I'm also taking kitsuke and tea ceremony lessons. I've started a kituke lesson since last spring so I'm amazed how good you are at kituke because I heard that furisode's obi is very difficult... isn't it? Until I started the blog I had had no idea that kimono and tea ceremony are popular in many countries :)

xiner kirjoitti...

Hi JuJu, thanks for reading my blog! Taking kitsuke lessons sounds like fun. I wish I could do it too! But I'm very happy we have chado lessons here and I enjoy them a lot.
You're right about furisode musubi: they can be quite difficult to tie. I only know a few basic techniques and can't say I was very skilled yet but I'll keep practicing :)

JuJu kirjoitti...

Thanks, Xiner. How did you learn how to wear kimono? I usually have tea lessons twice in a month. Are Japanese style sweets available in Finland, too? It's exciting to know the situations of Kimono, Sado etc. in the other countries!

xiner kirjoitti...

JuJu, I learned to wear a kimono from books and I also found directions online. The members of Immortal Geisha internet forums have also helped me to learn.
Japanese style sweets aren't sold in Finland but we're still able to get them somehow :) We also use Finnish marmalade which is quite good and also make our own sweets.

KIDORAKU Japan kirjoitti...
Kirjoittaja on poistanut tämän kommentin.
oden kirjoitti...

Sorry...I removed my comment with a mistake...


I have same book and love it!
Your shoes look very nice with kimono!

I have putted on high-heeled shoes with kimono like this.
And was praised by senior lady unexpectedly.
I think wearing kimono loose is not only bad thing^^

xiner kirjoitti...

Oden, thanks for your comment! I'm glad to hear wearing kimono with high heels is not so odd thing to do ^_^ I should probably do this more often^^